In November of 2019, stakeholders from across the Chiropractic profession gathered in San Diego, CA to discuss the future of chiropractic and what it might look like in the next 50 years. It was determined that if there was going to be any significant advancement of the profession, that a strategic plan would need to be developed. In January 2020, a strategic plan project was launched and coordinated by ChiroCongress. While ChiroCongress took this project facilitation on, the plan is not for the benefit of ChiroCongress but for the greater good of the chiropractic profession. Since January of 2020, there have been three companies contracted to lead the project through three phases:
- Phase I – Data Collection and Visualization (Future iQ & Sharity)
- Phase II – Community Engagement and Plan Development (Sharity)
- Phase III – Implementation and Accountability (OnStrategy & Sharity)
Extensive outreach was conducted over the course of the past year including a wide-reaching public survey, focus groups, cohorts, one-on-one key stakeholder interviews, think-tanks, and more. In all, nearly 4,000 people with diverse connections to the profession have weighed in to help shape a 5-year strategic plan.
On June 4, 2021, a presentation of the completion of Phase II and the plan was provided by Sharity which launched Phase III and the implementation of the plan. You can watch the presentation here.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to coordinate the work of numerous volunteer-led committees. This position will advance the ambitious 5-year strategic plan developed by and for the chiropractic profession.
The Project Manager will report to the Strategic Plan Leadership Committee and be contracted with ChiroCongress. To ensure successful project execution, they will work closely with several committees all populated by volunteers and other consultants.
This position is part-time (estimated 20 hours per week on average), remote opportunity and contract. Project Manager will be required to provide their own workspace, computer, and reliable internet. The contract will be for 1-year with an option to renew for a second year.
Scope of Work
The Project Manager will oversee designated projects and provide volunteers with direction and support including:
- Assist with managing project budgets, timelines, and resources
- Regularly report on project progress
- Coordinate committee meetings, prepare and send notification of meetings, and track meeting decisions and action items in project management software
- Develop and/or implement plan updates using the OnStrategy visual dashboard platform including reviewing key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate project performance
- Monitor challenges, facilitate resolution, and implement changes as necessary to keep the project on track
- Manage communication and tracking platforms (i.e., Asana) and assist committees with communication needs
- Communicate with consultants and ChiroCongress Executive Director on day-to-day project needs.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget based on financial analysis
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Monitor and track progress of Plan
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate issues or decisions to management as needed
- Manage and cultivate positive relationships with stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with volunteer leadership
- Proven working experience in project management (5 Year Min) – PMP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational and time managements skills
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High-level of comfort working with a variety of technology tools and the ability to adapt quickly to new platforms (i.e., Tech Savvy)
- Ability to work independently and also be highly collaborative
- Possess high level problem solving abilities
- Ability analyze and synthesize complex data while also seeing the big picture
- Persistence and consistency in engagement with volunteers, committees and leadership team
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and take on operational and administrative tasks in support of the project goals
Experience with the following:
- Traction EOS model
- Level 10 Meeting Agenda/Model
- OnStrategy visual dashboard
- Asana work management tool
- June 11, 2021 – Request for Proposals Opens
- July 30, 2021 – Request for Proposals Closes
- August 2021 – Contract begins
Interested parties should be prepared to submit the following for consideration:
- Proposal of services and fees
- List of projects managed (may be included in CV or Resume)
- Three references
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation of receipt within 2 business days. If you do not receive confirmation, please leave at voicemail at 503-922-2933. Questions about this Request for Proposals can be submitted to email@example.com.
Proposals will be reviewed beginning the week of July 19, 2021. Eligible candidates will be invited to participate in an online interview starting the week of July 26. Candidates not selected for interviews will receive an email notification.